Hello All!
Here is an update from the Aggen household. Things have been very busy and hence, little time has been available to make a meaningful post on our blog. However, I find myself tonight with no pressing homework, which is first, so I decided to make productive use of my free time and write a little something on this here blog.
School has picked up for both Alex and I and we are are in the midst of learning many concepts in our respective classes. There has definitely been moments where we have pondered the notion of dropping out of school and becoming explorers of the world, but finally decided against it as it wouldn't be the best life choice. :) I am loving all my nursing classes and can hardly wait until my schedule is limited to only nursing classes. My supplemental classes like Anatomy are keeping me especially busy! Alex is also enjoying his psychology classes and has begun to help out in researching tasks outside of class. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening he helps conduct EEG clinics for students and loves it! He is also involved in planning the Special Olympics in Utah.
At Church we have the opportunity to teach the 10 year old Sunday School class which is an adventure. For about 99% of the time the kids are attentive and engaged in the lesson. But we also have those "where is this coming from?" moments that get everyone off track. For example, this past Sunday we went from talking about how God created the Earth to one kid going off on something they saw on TV/a movie and it snowballs into everyone having a story that they want to share. Despite these off-track escapades, we have a lot of fun and are grateful for these children. They are such a great bunch of kids!
I just love this time of year! It is the time of year that our love began to bud, grow, and blosom. The end of January marked a year since Alex and I went on our first date. It is hard to believe that it has been only a year, as it seems like I have known Alex all of my life.
For Valentine's Day festivities Alex and I enjoyed a home cooked meal (We went to dinner the day before at Los Hermanos on Center St). And, this particular day showed me another example of why I love my man. While most husbands would have got their wives chocolate and flowers, my handsome hunny got me chocolate, flowers, and BACON. The past week I has been wanting bacon and he remembered and got me some! I just love his quirkiness and sense of humor!
Well, I think that about covers the basics. Our time of life has a filled schedule but we wouldn't have it any other way!
No comments:
Post a Comment