July 30, 2010

Fancies

Since we have been married, I have been bugging Alex to get me a puppy. But, not just any old puppy-specifically a yorkie terrier. In fact, one that looks exactly like this;

Isn't it cute?!

Fast forward to this past Tuesday. Alex and I bought a secondhand Wii from KSL (yay!) which came with the "Mario Party" and "Super Mario Brothers" games. While we have only played our Wii a couple of times, I have come to a prompt decision.

Now,  the yorkie terrier is a thing of the past. I want Yoshi.

Alex makes fun of me (and rightfully so) for fancying the little character. I think it is the cutest thing and have proposed to him that I will never talk about a puppy again if he gets me this as a substitute.

             http://www.amazon.com/Super-Mario-Brothers-Yoshi-inches/dp/B00188O1MQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1280527867&sr=8-1






I think it is a fair trade don't you? No vet visits, cleaning after it, or buying food, but still the same level of looking at it and going "CUTE!" (plus it is only $5.99) However when I proposed this brilliant idea to Alex this morning he looked at me, laughed, said "No way" (to both Yoshi AND a puppy...drat) followed by "Goodness you are adorable", a kiss on the cheek and the lips, and that was the end.

Meh. This doesn't change the fact that I will still pick Yoshi to play all the games with.

Maybe Alex would go for something like this-with the exact same awkward hand positioning and wary smile;

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Mario-Brothers-Childs-Costume/dp/B002R21QBQ/ref=sr_1_28?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1280527998&sr=8-28

If it was just in my size...

No comments:

Post a Comment