November 22, 2010

Resurfaced

re·sur·face /rēˈsərfəs/
  1. Come back up to the surface
  2. Arise or become evident again
  3. (of a person) Come out of hiding or obscurity
Very fitting, since we have been neglecting the blogging world for a little while now.  Let's just summarize the past month or so based on the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly to make it more convenient. And we will start with the bad stuff first so we can end on a good note :)

The Ugly
During one week in October (the same week as our last blog post) we had our house flood, our car break down, my computer crashed, and I went to the hospital because I was starting to lose peripheral vision at times and it turned out that was due to migraines. Since that horrible, no good, very rotten week our house flooded 2 more times and we had to rip up the carpet because the carpet pad was disgustingly soaked. But now the source of the flooding is resolved and all is fixed, so that is a relief that we no longer have to deal with that.

The Bad
School is swamping me. And technically it really isn't "bad", just more wearing which is to be expected when one is in a demanding Nursing program. I just keep telling myself that it will be worth it in the end to have graduated with a degree that I can use, and then the situation becomes more positive-until I start thinking about the fourth out of five pathophysiology test that I have to study for and take :)


The Good
My favorite part! Despite having some stress in our life, overall it has been great. We had the opportunity to spend a few nights with my cousins when my aunt and uncle were out of town and had a blast with them. We celebrated Halloween by going to a ward party and we were dressed as peanut butter and jam. Him=peanut butter; Her=jam. Alex took me on a "Halloween Cruise" which was a ride along the river and was much fun. We got Trafalga passes that allows unlimited year-long patronage to Trafalga and Seven Peaks for only $40! So, you can guess what many of our dates have been lately :) We have been saving and budgeting for new couches and are rearranging our living room! Pictures of the couch and the new bookcases we got (since our old bookcase had severe water damage from the flooding) below. We have had the opportunity to visit and get to know people in our ward better, which is always so fun!  Alex has finished his training for his new job and is enjoying work. I found out my clinical spot next semester and even though I have to drive about 45 minutes to get there, I have heard nothing but good things about the site and so am looking forward to that. We went to an Institute Dinner that they had for our BYU Married Stake and coincidentally had a yummy steak dinner. We have been experiencing wonderful weather and finally got our first snow of the year that has actually stuck to the ground. I went to a Relief Society activity on Saturday and we made the cutest Christmas craft so now I have a Christmas decoration for our house! Picture is below. Thanksgiving Break is this week and we are going to be spending it with the Aggen Family. More details to come on that later too.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! (And for our friends up North: Happy 4th week of November!)

The sectional that we are getting

Our new bookcases! (Yay for no more water damage!)

Cute Christmas craft made at the Relief Society activity

2 comments:

  1. you are the cutest decorator! Hang in there, school is almost out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kaitlin! We got most of our decorations as wedding presents which is always nice because decorations are usually so expensive! And yes, I keep telling myself that the semester will soon be over-I just kind of wish it could hurry up :)

    ReplyDelete