In third grade I was sitting in class and my teacher started talking about golden birthdays. I remember thinking it was the most magical thing and that when I turned 23 on the 23rd of February I was going to have the best birthday ever! Well, I celebrated that famous golden birthday this Saturday, and because of my sweet husband this day did not disappoint. I started off the day with a pancake breakfast, lazed around and watched a movie, talked to family, and went shopping.

That evening Alex and I had talked about going out to dinner with a few friends and then having them come over afterwards for dessert and games. But little did I know of the events that were in store for me that evening!
Alex had organized a big gold themed surprise party! Gold decorations, gold themed (or 23 related!) presents from friends, and a GOLDEN LAB PUPPY that he had rented for the evening to come and join the fun. Yes, there is such a thing as
puppiesforrent.com-who knew!? I had many dear friends come and celebrate throughout the evening and it was so much fun to visit with everyone! A special thanks to all who came. I have the best friends anyone could ask for!
It was the BEST birthday I could have asked for, and am so grateful for Alex for planning such a phenomenal day. Here is to being 23 and all the adventures that are coming my way this year: a baby girl on the way, decisions to make with Alex regarding the next steps in our life, and as of Saturday morning what this newest
Registered Nurse is going to do with her knowledge and education (yep, I passed the NCLEX people!!!) Have a happy day everyone!
Super fun! Not gonna lie, I got so overly excited that you got a puppy for your birthday that I almost texted Kyle saying you got a puppy. SUPER disappointed that it was only a rental, if Kyle ever rented me a puppy I would KILL HIM! Torture!
ReplyDeleteCute blog! Tell Alex I love the shape pancakes. You need more pictures of the puppy! yay!!
ReplyDelete