July 10, 2014

4th of July Fun

Our 4th was much different than last year - it's amazing what you can do when you don't have a baby that is just a couple of days old! :) The day started off early and I ran my first 5k. I was able to run the entire time, which was my goal from the beginning, and I even had enough energy to sprint at the end! My training ended up paying off too as the last mile had a slow climbing hill so I was very grateful that I had practiced on all the tall ones around the neighborhood. It was also very fun to run with such a huge group of people. Alex, Addie, and Tom were waiting at the finish line to cheer me on when I was done. It was a great experience overall, and I will definitely be running another! Below are my results and my playlist that I listened to during the race.


Playlist
Best of Me - The Starting Line
Brave -  Sara Barielles
Mean - Taylor Swift
Jet Lag - Simple Plan
The Middle - Jimmy Eat World
All the Small Things - blink-182
Hey Ya - OutKast
Always Be - Jimmy Eat World
Merry Happy - Kate Nash
Fire - Ingrid Michaelson

Finish line photo (not my best look...) with my cheering gang seen behind me!
I did it!!

After the race we came home, had breakfast, and then put Addie down for her morning nap. Alex left to go to the parade and when Addie woke up we followed suit. Alex had to be there earlier however as he was playing in the Shawnee Mission West High School alumni band in the parade. It is a mix of current and former students, and in years past there have been alumni in it with greying hair. This year however Alex was the oldest there, but he still had fun playing his trombone and marching along.
Watching all the Corvettes go by


SMWHS Louie Louie Band from Aggen Family on Vimeo.



We spent the rest of the day napping, going for a drive, playing, and getting Minsky's Philadelphia Cheese Steak pizza (so good!) While we didn't make it to the fireworks this year, we still had a busy and exciting Independence Day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment