August 12, 2010

Crack a Smile

Early in the wee hours of this morning as Tabitha is deeply slumbering...

Alex (sitting straight up in bed): GROSS! GROSS!
Tabi (promptly woken up): WHAT?! What's going on Alex?
Alex (gibberish mumbling and a quick return to sleep)

Tabitha's alarm rings at 5:20am to wake her for an early shift at work
(Alarm ringing)
Alex gets out of bed and tries to turn off the alarm before Tabitha even reaches it
Tabi: Alex what are you doing?
Alex: I have to turn it off!
Tabi: No you don't. It's okay, I've got it.
Alex: Oh okay.... (quickly falls asleep again)
Tabitha is slightly confused and is afraid after the collective transpirings throughout this morning that Alex may have finally cracked.


In Alex's defense he had no recollection of the first incident, and barely remembers the second incident. aka He was sleep talking-which he has never done in our almost one year of marriage. So I think it is cute and hilarious at the same time. Hence, me sharing this story.

*****

Okay, so it is not fair to tell a story about Alex unless I dish one about myself that happened about a month ago.

Alex and Tabitha are snuggling and talking in bed. For some reason, they get on a topic where Alex is asking questions about Tabitha.

Alex: Do you like baking?
Tabi: Yes
Alex: Do you like playing the clarinet?
Tabi: Yep
Alex: Do you like scrapbooking?
Tabi: Yessss
Alex: Do you like waterboarding?
Tabi: Yep
Alex begins to giggle
Tabi (slightly confused): I've only done it once though
Alex begins to laugh hysterically
Tabi (even more confused): What Alex? Waterboarding? Like waterskiing?!?...........Oh. Waterboarding.

They both begin to laugh as Tabitha has finally realized that "waterboarding " is definitely not a favorite pastime of hers.

*****

Alex sent me this today. And I wish it was real. A fusion of my two favorite recent movies? Yes please!



*****

Alex came home to pick up the car to go to his second job a little while ago. He presented me with this...

It is the remains of a phone book he tore IN HALF at work. There are witnesses and everything. Guess it must have been a slow day...


Don't be jealous. My husband can tear phone books in half AND make me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment