![]() |
| Picture slideshow created with Smilebox |
To celebrate our anniversary, Alex had a surprise up his sleeve. Here's how it went down:
Saturday, August 21
4:46pm
Alex sends Tabi a text: Hey do you want to pick me up at around 5:20 from work? I was able to get out of work a bit earlier so that way there is no rush to get to dinner. If you want bring the camera.
Tabi: Ok! Sounds great! Cya soon.
5:23pm
Tabi goes to pick up Alex from his workplace. Tabi asks what they are going to do until their dinner reservations at 7pm. Alex gets this devilish grin on his face and then tells Tabi to close her eyes and covers her face as he fidgets with the glove compartment and begins to drive south.
Alex: I dunno.
Tabi: Well obviously you do. 'Cuz you're driving.
Alex: That may be true...
They hit the I-15 turn-off that eventually leads to Las Vegas.
Tabi: ALEX! Why are we getting on the interstate?
Alex: I dunno, what did the sign say?
Tabi: VEGAS?! NO WAY. I didn't pack anything.
Alex: Did you check the trunk today? And who is to say that I didn't put your passport in the glove compartment just now...
Tabi: What is going on? Did you grab my passport?
Alex: No.
Tabi: Well then what are we doing? WHERE ARE WE GOING?!
Alex: It's a surprise. I feel like Roberto. (Bachelorette reference)
Tabi: So you are taking me on a tight rope walk? Or wait...in a helicopter?
Alex shakes his head in a "no" response. The wheels in Tabi's head begin turning as she recalls back to when they were dating...
Tabi: WAIT. Are we going to go fly in an airplane with the gift certificate we won back when we were dating?
Alex: Maybe...yes.
Tabi: AHHHHHHH! NO WAY! I THOUGHT WE LOST THEM! WHERE'D YOU FIND THEM? HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN PLANNING THIS?...blahblahblah etc.
So we continued to Spanish Fork to the "airport", making a quick stop en route to pick up a Sprite in case either of us got sick in the small aircraft. When we got to the airport, we soon found out that our gift certificate's purpose included allowing one of the passengers to try flying the plane while up in the air as an incentive to convince the passengers to sign up for flying lessons. So I graciously let Alex be the one who would fly the plane under the watchful eye of the pilot and Alex loved it! We had a safe thirty minute flight, and the view was incredible!
| My head gear did not work the entire flight. Whenever I spoke it would be patchy in the audio and make no sense. But at least I looked cute right? |
| Our pilot, Bob, showing Alex what he needed to do. |
| The view was great! |
| Alex taking over the controls |
| Flying the plane |
Once we landed and I drank enough water to flood the Sahara in an attempt to calm my slightly frazzled self, we headed off to Tucanos to eat. As usual, it held up to its reputation of being delicious, but also as usual, we ate way too much to the point of feeling grossly full and sick afterwards. We then headed home, snuggled up, and watched "Kate and Leopold".
The next day, our anniversary, was spent just being with each other which is always the best. So here's to one year of marriage, and many more years to come. I can't hardly wait to see what adventures lie ahead of us in the upcoming years, and I know that with my Alex, they will be great!

Wow. Alex really sets the bar high of anniversary surprises. I'm officially banning Adrienne from reading this post, at least until after our anniversary. How can i compete??? :)
ReplyDelete