January 31, 2011

Reminiscence

Two years ago.
January 31, 2009.
Woke up.
Excited.
It's Saturday.
Finished studying for Chem 101.
Grabbed some grub from the Cannon Center.
Go to the Testing Center.
Take my Chem 101 test.
Didn't get an excellent score, but didn't do that bad either.
Kind of preoccupied.
Head back to the dorms.
Decide to take a nap. 
Set my alarm to go off. 
Sleep.
Wake up. 
Time to get ready for my date.
It's four hours before.
Butterflies in my stomach.
Shower.
Blow dry my hair.
Spend an hour trying to decide what to wear and how exactly to do my hair.
Date activity is rock climbing.
Want to look not too overdone, but still done up enough.
Finally choose a ponytail.
With bangs.
Settle on comfortable clothes as I don't know if there will be a place to change.
Reflect on recent dates and think about possible conversations in case there is a null.
Excited.
Nervous-but not too nervous.
Don't know if we are also going to be eating or just rock climbing.
Debate about eating.
Too embarrassed to call him.
Grab a snack from the vendies just in case.
Almost time.
Deliberate if I should be waiting in the common room or for him to call.
Decide on the latter.
He calls.
I come out.
He is wearing jeans.
I am wearing sweat capris and a slightly grungy t-shirt. 
Wrong wardrobe choice on my part.
Greets me with a big smile and hug.
Insecurities about my outfit are gone.
Head out to the car.
Has a mixed CD playing.
We like the same songs.
Conversation is so natural.
Think that planning conversation topics was not needed for this guy.
Find out we are eating dinner.
Glad I didn't stuff myself with Ramen, chips, and other junk.
Pancrucas.
Chilean resturant.
Steak and avacado sandwiches with mango juice smoothie.
Amazingly delicious.
Owners are a married couple that are fun to talk to.
The wife only speaks Spanish.
In Spanish asks Alex how long we've been married.
I have no clue what is going on.
He answers back.
It's our first date.
Tells me what she just said.
Should be embarassed, but neither of us are.
Have a good laugh over it once we leave. 
Rock climbing at The Quarry. 
Alex changes out.
We have a teenage instructor.
He is obviously bored.
We aren't. 
Talking, laughing, establishing inside jokes already.
Get the hang of rock climbing.
Try a bunch of the routes they have.
 Done.
Head to the car.
Alex offers to either drive me home or we can possibily do something else.
(denies this ever happened-says it was my suggestion)
I want to spend more time with him.
Go to Sconecutter.
Milkshakes and scones.
It's about closing time.
Teenage staff don't care that we are still there.
See forks stuck in the roof.
Attempt.
Success.
Drive home.
Arrive at my dorm.
5 hours later from when I left.
Sit in the car, still talking.
Decide I should head in.
He walks me to the door.
Hug.
Leave.
Twitterpated.
I REALLY like this guy.
He REALLY likes me too.
Start of our relationship.
Fast forward to now.
Married for almost a year and a half.
Still feel the same way today as I did that night two years ago.
Except now, I don't just merely REALLY like this man.
I REALLY love him.

2 comments:

  1. Tabitha... I love your blog and I love this post! I REMEMBER THAT NIGHT!! I can't believe you've already been married a year and a half. That is so wonderful and exciting!

    ReplyDelete